I THINK I HAVE AN ADDICTION

Hi, I'm Sophie, and I....am a makeup palette addict. 




Yep, you read that right...I 100% have an addiction to palettes. I should stop buying them, but anyone that knows me well enough will know that I won't ever stop. 

I've never actually worked out how much my collection of palettes cost, but, for the purpose of this post, I think it's time to work it out...(it's also time to shock my parents with how much I've spent on makeup!)

So, roughly, the cost of my palettes alone ranges between

£1,300 - £1,400

So, I know right now you're probably thinking "WHAT, HOW HAVE YOU SPENT THAT MUCH MONEY JUST ON MAKEUP PALETTES?!?!?!?!?" and I genuiniely do ask myself the same question every week. 

But, as I explain to a lot of people, I spent a long time using cheaper makeup because it's all I could get my hands on, and I also didn't see a point in spending so much money on makeup if I wouldn't use it, or like it. But, as I started to earn more money, I decided to slowly start treating myself every now and again to an expensive makeup product; unfortunately for my bank account, this turned into a monthly ritual, and sometimes, weekly...

Out of the 43 (ish) palettes I have, I probably only regret buying about 3 or 4 of them, purely because I don't use them, or after buying them I realised I already had the colours in other palettes. 

If you don't believe me on how many palettes I own, here's the proof...




I know some of them look battered and old, but I just like to say they are well loved!! Some of them look like they've never been used, but they have. As you can see, I don't tend to go for natural looking palettes; I love bright, vibrant colours. I love makeup that makes people stare, which is quite ironic to say I suffer with anxiety 😂😂

I do have more palettes than what's in these photos, but I just forgot to take photos of them, but, I can actually write another post about them as they are more affordable palettes, so it's a bit of a win/win situation! I also ordered 2 more the other day...I know, I know, DO I REALLY NEED ANYMORE?! The answer is YESSSSSS!!  

Some of these palettes have actually travelled the world with me; I went to New Zealand in 2016, and my palettes, aka my babies, survived the whole journey, as did the rest of my makeup. I do get asked a lot if I take them wherever I go, and I do...If I'm ever going away, I will always take at least 2 palettes with me, and as my collection grew bigger, it became a lot more difficult on what palettes to take with me. I wish I could take them all!!

I could go on forever and ever about my palettes, but I will end the post here. I hope you've enjoyed reading, and I hope I didn't shock you too much with my collection (and the price!). 

I'm sure I will end up writing a lot more posts about eyeshadow; singles and palettes!!

Thank you, and keep smiling xxx





(The boring bit)
To figure out the prices for these palettes, I used the original websites from the brand, or used Beauty Bay. https://www.beautybay.com/
Some palettes have unfortunately been discontinued,are now out of stock, or have increased in price since purchased. 
All palettes were bought with my own money, or were gifts from family.







































Comments

Popular Posts